This event is booked out.
Fighting Words is delighted to be part of the 2017 Five Lamps Arts Festival! Join us for a fun and imaginative workshop where we will create characters and write a story together.
Then write your own ending, draw pictures and at the end of the workshop, take your story home to show all your family and friends!
You can find out more about the 5 Lamps Arts Festival here.
Places are limited and booking is required. Please find the booking form here.
Date: Saturday, 1 April 2017
Location: Fighting Words, Behan Square, 12-16 Russell Street, Dublin 1 D01 WD53
Time: 10.00am to 12.00pm
Age Range: 8-10 years (due to demand, please submit applications for children within this age range ONLY)
Bookings close at 12 noon on Monday, 20 March. Parents/guardians will be advised if your child has a place no later than 4pm on Friday, 24 March.
Places will be allocated by lottery to ensure fairness.
- Apply for a place for your child by submitting the online application form. We will NOT hold a place for your child without a form - you MUST book a place by returning the form. You can find the application form by clicking here.
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation after submitting an application form successfully - NOT an email.
- Submitting an application form does not guarantee a place.
- Age range: due to high demand for places, we are very strict in regard to the age ranges. Application forms received for those who are outside the age range will not be considered. The age range for this workshop is 8-10 years.
- Places on this workshop are limited. Places will be allocated using a lottery system to guarantee fairness.
- In the case of siblings, please use separate application forms for each applicant.
- We will advise if your child has a place no later than Friday, March 24th.
- This workshop is free of charge.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Fighting Words Positive Behaviour Policy, which will be distributed to parents prior to the start of each workshop.
- This workshop will be run by experienced Fighting Words writing tutors.
- Our tutors are trained in our child protection procedures and are Garda vetted.
- Cancellation Policy: If your child is unable to attend a Fighting Words workshop for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Any available places will be offered to applicants on the waiting list.