Thinking about Dublin in the future - how will the city look, how will landmarks change and how will they be used. A tour of Croke Park acts as the inspiration for the creative writing workshop that follows. Use the ideas to create your own pieces of writing around the theme 'Dublin in the Coming Times.'
The workshop will start with a skyline tour of Croke Park. There is a minimum height requirement of 1.2 metres (four feet). Please let us know when booking if your child is smaller than this or has an extreme fear of heights.
As we will be outside for this portion of the workshop, participants will need to dress warmly!
Information about the tour can be found here.
Following the tour of the stadium, participants will spend the rest of the afternoon thinking and writing about Dublin In The Coming Times, imagining the city in the future. This portion will be facilitated by Fighting Words tutors.
There will be no focus on sport on the day - we are using Croke Park as a venue to see the city and think about its future.
Places are limited and booking is required. Please find the booking form here.
Date: Saturday, 11 March 2017
Location: Croke Park Stadium
Time: 1.00pm to 4.30pm
Age Range: 5th and 6th class, i.e. 11-12 years
Due to demand, please submit applications for children within this age range ONLY
Bookings close at 4pm on Friday, February 10th. Parents/guardians will be advised if your child has a place no later than 4pm on Friday, February 24th.
- Apply for a place for your child by submitting the online application form. We will NOT hold a place for your child without a form - you MUST book a place by returning the form. You can find the application form by clicking here.
- You will receive an onscreen confirmation after submitting an application form successfully - NOT an email.
- Submitting an application form does not guarantee a place.
- Age range: due to high demand for places, we are very strict in regard to the age ranges. Application forms received for those who are outside the age range will not be considered. The age range for this workshop is 5th and 6th class, i.e. 11-12 years.
- Places on this workshop are limited. Places will be allocated using a lottery system to guarantee fairness.
- In the case of siblings, please use separate application forms for each applicant.
- We will advise if your child has a place no later than Friday, February 24th.
- This workshop is free of charge.
- All participants are expected to abide by the Fighting Words Positive Behaviour Policy, which will be distributed to parents prior to the start of each workshop.
- This workshop will be run by experienced and Garda vetted Fighting Words writing tutors
- Our tutors are trained in our child protection procedures and are Garda vetted.
- Cancellation Policy: If your child is unable to attend a Fighting Words workshop for any reason, please contact us as soon as possible. Any available places will be offered to applicants on the waiting list.