IMPORTANT NOTE FOR TRANSITION YEAR STUDENTS: The activities related to attaining your Gaisce Award at Fighitng Words have been suspended until January 2021 due to Covid-19 restrictions.
Gaisce – The President’s Award is a self-development programme that encourages you to get active, find your passion, be part of a team and make a difference in your community while having fun and making new friends! It is a direct challenge from the President of Ireland, Michael D. Higgins to all young people to dream big and realise your potential.
You can rise to the Gaisce challenge by identifying which award level you want to aim for (Bronze, Silver and Gold ) and then achieving your goals across the following challenge areas:
- Community Involvement - volunteer to help a charity, cause or community group - contact us for more information!
- Personal Skill - develop a skill you have or try something new, like Write Club!
- Physical Recreation - become more active with a sport or exercise.
- Adventure Journey – take to the great outdoors on a team challenge.
- Residential (for Gold participants only) – meet different people and discover a new
- experience away from home.
You choose the activities for each challenge area and set your own goals, with support from
your President’s Award Leader (PAL). PALs are located in schools, universities and employers - be sure to ask where you are studying or working for more information.
Remember, Gaisce is not a competition, just an opportunity to push yourself to achieve your goals. The more time and energy you give, the greater the reward!
For more information, please visit www.gaisce.ie
Follow Gaisce on our Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn by searching @GaisceAward