Friends of Fighting Words are offering the following to keep young minds engaged during the school closure period:
- Fighting Words wants your stories! Call for submissions from writers at both primary and secondary level found here.
- Writers of all ages are also welcome to participate in the Global Writing Lockdown! It's an intiative of writing centres for children around the world. Read all about it here.
- The great folks at The Ark have lots of resources - head to their site for music, dance and much more!
- Our friends at Brown Bag Labs have compiled great lists of educational resources and animation websites to keep young minds active and creative!
- Primary school kids in 1st through 6th class can check out the daily Home School Hub on RTÉ television and on the RTÉ Player. There is even more fun learning games and activities on the RTÉ Learn page - including Fighting Words videos!
- Primary school kids can also tune in to learn as gaeilge to Cúla4 ar Scoil! Click here for daily updates!
- The Animation Challenge for Kids from Jane Lee of Fighting Words Cork - a daily challenge using free animation software:
- Kaleidoscope Family Festival have launched HomeClub, click here for fun videos and activities such as baking and making fun jewellery!
- Fighting Words Mayo has been based in the National Museum of Ireland Country Life since 2015. Check out all of the exhibitions at all the National Museum of Ireland locations at their new website!
- Author and illustrator Oliver Jeffers reads and discusses his work each weekday via Stay At Home Story Time!
- Your local library is (virtually) open! Head over to Libraries Ireland to find information about the services of your local library.
There are many more to come, check back for more from Fighting Words, stay safe and wash your hands!