Friends of Fighting Words are offering the following to keep young minds engaged during the school closure period:
- Fighting Words wants your stories! Call for submissions from writers at both primary and secondary level found here.
- Our friends at Brown Bag Labs have compiled great lists of educational resources and animation websites to keep young minds active and creative!
- Primary school kids in 1st through 6th class can check out the daily Home School Hub on RTÉ television and on the RTÉ Player. There is even more fun learning games and activities on the RTÉ Learn page!
- The Animation Challenge for Kids from Jane Lee of Fighting Words Cork - a daily challenge using free animation software:
- Kaleidoscope Family Festival have launched HomeClub, click here for fun videos and activities such as baking and making fun jewellery!
- Author and illustrator Oliver Jeffers reads and discusses his work each weekday via Stay At Home Story Time!
- The Museum of Childhood Ireland are running a worldwide monthly writing project for children. The idea is to mount exhibitions of the children’s work when it’s safe to do so again. This month’s title: ‘Family’. To enter, e-mail: email@example.com
- Your local library is (virtually) open! Check out Libraries Ireland to find information about the services of your local library.
There are many more to come, check back for more from Fighting Words, stay safe and wash your hands!